We are excited to share with you our plans for the redevelopment of the Astrea Academy Woodfields site.
In September 2018 Astrea Academy Woodfields was awarded funding to carry out significant refurbishment and new build projects across the school site. Since then, a small project team has been meeting fortnightly to work through design options and ensure that the programme of work has maximum impact with the experience of the pupils at the core of every decision.
What are we proposing?
In short, the school site will undertake a dramatic transformation that will greatly increase the learning experience of pupils and provide better care facilities.
There will be:
• A dedicated kitchen space with new kitchen servery;
• A brand new teaching block with specialist IT and technology rooms;
• A new main Hall, a drama studio and a dance studio;
• A new reception area and facilities for students such as a new medical room, a prayer room and administration areas;
• A refurbishment of the main ‘Y’ shaped teaching block;
• An upgrade of IT network across the site and new secure perimeter fencing.
What do we need from you?
To ensure that we manage the project in the right way, we are consulting publicly with pupils, parents, carers, Woodfields staff, the local community, Doncaster Local Authority and other schools in the area.
We are asking you to contribute to our consultation. To do this please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have.