The Academy of Sport has been providing male student-athletes between the ages of 16-19, the opportunity to combine their studies with playing in an elite football programme for nearly a decade now.
We are one of the few college academy teams in the country to offer our student-athletes a full-time football programme, where the student-athletes can train every day.
The team compete in the highest division of Academy Football in the English Colleges FA Elite Category 1, also participating in the English Schools National Cup and the ECFA Colleges Cup.
Since 2008, the Boy’s football academy has been one of the most successful and reputable in the country, having won several competitions in recent years.
At the academy, student- athletes receive:
- Full pre-season programme starting in August
- Up to 10 hours of practical football sessions and the opportunity to play/train every day.
- Training sessions led by full time UEFA ‘A’ Licensed Coaches on the Academy’s 4G surface or on one of the 7 grass football pitches on site.
- Access to personalised strength and conditioning programme and group sessions in our new onsite gym
- Competitive fixture schedule competing across the country
- Football fixtures filmed for analysis, tactical and promotional purposes
- Football fixtures analysed by professional college partners, with discussions and reviews of performances in group and individual sessions with student-athletes
- Onsite sports medicine and injury rehabilitation clinic with fully qualified sports therapist members of staff.
- USA university scholarship partner to provide opportunities for student-athletes to go onto further education abroad whilst still participating in an elite football programme
Individual student-athlete pathways
- USA University scholarships
- Professional/semi-professional football club links
- GB University links – BUCS football
- Coaching, officiating and scouting qualification opportunities
For further information, please contact email@example.com