Download Doncaster Post-16 booklet HERE
Why Choose Astrea Academy Woodfields Sixth Form?
Few Sixth Forms can claim that 100% of their students completed a Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport, having achieved a minimum grade of DDD (the equivalent of 3 grade A’s at A-Level). At Astrea Academy Woodfields we can proudly claim this accolade for the last two years.
We offer our students a cohesive vocational curriculum centred around the sectors of Sport, Health and Applied Science. Our curriculum model allows students to flex between the three subjects or specialise in one subject with a combination of qualification sizes on offer. We also offer the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) for students to widen their studies.
We offer our students a comprehensive pastoral programme that includes high quality careers and finance education workshops alongside personal and professional development sessions. The programme also includes employer engagements and in-bound and out-bound visits to colleges and universities.
Here are some key facts we feel may encourage you to join Astrea Academy Sixth Form:
- The average grade for student’s studying Sport and Exercise Science in 2019 was 3 Distinctions (the eqivalent to 3 A grades at A level).
- The average grade for student’s studying Sport in 2019 was Distinction, Distinction, Merit (the equivalent to 2 A grades and a C grade at A level).
- The care and support provided by the Sixth Form team of Tutors and Subject staff.
- A programme of activities and events designed to prepare you for the challenges of your course, student life and ultimately the world of work.
- Continuity and stability in a familiar school environment with staff and students that you know may help in your progression from GCSE to Advanced Level.
- Opportunities to develop personal skills, work on interesting projects, working with younger pupils and mentoring them to support them in their learning.
- Opportunities to develop your leadership skills now that you are a senior member of the school.
- Good staffing arrangements in school to ensure that teaching groups provide closer contact and more opportunity to provide individual help and support
A comprehensive bank of information and guidance with regard to post 18 options and destinations.